We are a Boston-based investment manager that provides global and international equity investment strategies and fund products to institutional investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and registered/unregistered commingled investment funds. We are a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and a registered commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Our firm manages over $90 billion for over 175 client relationships in North America, Europe and Australasia. Our offices are located at 200 Clarendon Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
The developer will work in a small team that builds systems for the Research group. The purpose of these systems is to produce forecasts that drive trading decisions. It’s therefore very important that these systems be logically correct, fast, and reliable. The software is highly data-centric and involves processing very large datasets so strong database skills are required. The developer will have autonomy commensurate to his/her abilities.
- Work closely with business users to review requirements. Develop, recommend, and discuss technical designs that meet those requirements.
- Implement (code) the technical solutions in Microsoft T-SQL, C#, and SQL CLR using SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, and related tool sets.
- Create new reports and enhance existing reports using SSRS.
- Coordinate with members of the QA team to create a QA test plan and resolve issues/bugs identified during QA testing.
- Coordinate with members of the IT Operations team to get software changes released to the production environment.
- Use TFS for source control and tracking tasks from development to QA to production installs.
- Provide support to resolve production issues expediently.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related degree is a requirement.
- 3 plus years extensive experience in T-SQL.
- Experience with large dataset performance tuning and optimization of T-SQL code
- C# and object oriented programming development experience.
- Experience in solving environment configuration problems.
- Experience with ETL, is a plus.
- High attention to details.
- Enjoy analytical problem solving.
- Drive, energy, enthusiasm, maturity and confidence.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter detailing your short and long-term career goals and copies of transcripts. No telephone calls please.