We are a Boston-based investment manager that provides global and international equity investment strategies and fund products to institutional investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and registered/unregistered commingled investment funds. We are a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and a registered commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Our firm manages over $90 billion for over 175 client relationships in North America, Europe and Australasia. Our offices are located at 200 Clarendon Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
The software engineer will work in a small team that builds systems for the Research group. The purpose of these systems is to produce forecasts that drive trading decisions. It’s therefore very important that these systems be logically correct, fast, and reliable.
Some problems that the software engineer may work on include:
- calculating forecasts and presenting them to users
- automating forecast error detection
- reporting on past model performance
- inferring relationships between a variety of identifiers
- arbitrating between data from different sources and combining them into a unified dataset
- implementing point-in-time/time-series functionality
These systems are highly data-centric and involve processing very large datasets in a performant and scalable manner thus the engineer will need excellent intuition for design. The software engineer will have autonomy commensurate to his/her abilities.
- Work closely with business users to review requirements. Develop, recommend, and discuss technical designs that meet those requirements.
- Implement (code) the technical solutions in C#, Microsoft T-SQL, and SQL CLR using Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, and related tool sets.
- Develop/enhance new and existing web services and Windows services.
- Create new reports and enhance existing reports using SSRS.
- Coordinate with members of the QA team to create a QA test plan and resolve issues/bugs identified during QA testing.
- Coordinate with members of the IT Operations team to get software changes released to the production environment.
- Use TFS for source control and tracking tasks from development to QA to production installs.
- Provide support to resolve production issues expediently.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related degree is a requirement.
- 4 plus years extensive object-oriented programming experience in C#.
- Experience developing web services and Windows services.
- Experience in solving environment configuration problems.
- Experience working with VLDBs using MS SQL Server.
- Experience with Spark and Linux is a plus.
- Experience with ETL is a plus.
- High attention to details.
- Enjoy analytical problem solving.
- Drive, energy, enthusiasm, maturity and confidence.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter detailing your short and long-term career goals and copies of transcripts. No telephone calls please.