We are a Boston-based investment manager that provides global and international equity investment strategies and fund products to institutional investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and registered/unregistered commingled investment funds. We are a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and a registered commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Our firm manages over $90 billion for over 175 client relationships in North America, Europe and Australasia. Our offices are located at 200 Clarendon Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
The developer will work in a small team that builds automated systems for the Research group. The Research group is responsible for coming up with investment ideas, codifying those ideas into signals, back-testing the signals, and producing return and risk forecasts based on the signals to drive trading decisions. The primary purpose of the software managed by Research Systems is to produce forecasts that drive trading decisions. It’s therefore very important that these systems be logically correct, fast, and reliable. The developer will have autonomy commensurate with his/her abilities.
- Work closely with members of the senior development team to support existing deployments.
- Implement software solutions using a variety of technologies, including C# .NET, T-SQL, WPF, ASP.NET MVC, event-driven architecture, service-oriented architecture using Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, and related tool sets.
- Coordinate with members of the QA team to orchestrate software deployments.
- Create detailed documentation and tutorials for the business consumer.
- Provide support to resolve production issues expediently.
Ideal candidates will have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree from a top educational institution in a technical field, such as computer science, applied mathematics, economics, or engineering.
- Demonstrated academic success.
- A minimum of one year of work experience in a computer programming role.
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and design patterns. Experience with C# is a plus.
- A solid understanding of relational databases. Experience with T-SQL is a plus.
- Strong analytical and quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Great communication skills, drive, energy, enthusiasm, maturity, and confidence.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter detailing your short and long-term career goals and copies of transcripts. No telephone calls please.