We are a Boston-based investment manager that provides global and international equity investment strategies and fund products to institutional investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and registered/unregistered commingled investment funds. We are a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and a registered commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Our firm manages over $90 billion for over 175 client relationships in North America, Europe and Australasia. Our offices are located at 200 Clarendon Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
The data engineer will work in a small software development team that works closely with business stakeholders within the quantitative Research group. The rapid integration of novel data sources is a vital competitive advantage for the Research group and essential to the continuing success of the firm. The systems that the data engineer will develop involve loading, processing and serving large datasets for both the historical back-testing of new investment signal ideas as well as the production of existing investment signals. Strong database skills are a must. The development of these systems often involves both significant independent research and collaboration with various members of the Research group to identify optimal approaches in integrating data from disparate third party sources. The data engineer will have autonomy commensurate to his/her abilities.
- Work closely with members of the Research group to review requirements for data systems that load, transform and provide fast access to disparate third party datasets; develop, recommend, and discuss technical designs that meet those requirements
- Implement (code) the technical solutions in Microsoft T-SQL, C#, and SQL CLR using SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, and related tool sets
- Create new reports and enhance existing reports using SSRS
- Coordinate with members of the QA team to create a QA test plan and resolve issues/bugs identified during QA testing
- Coordinate with members of the IT Operations team to get software changes released to the production environment
- Use TFS for source control and tracking tasks from development to QA to production installs
- Provide support to resolve production issues expediently
- Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related degree is a requirement
- Extensive experience with T-SQL programming
- C# and object oriented programming development experience
- Experience in solving environment configuration problems
- Experience working with and designing ETL processes
- Experience with data warehousing, big data technologies such as Hadoop, and/or Python programming is a plus
- High attention to detail
- Enjoy analytical problem solving
- Drive, energy, enthusiasm, maturity and confidence
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.