We are a Boston-based investment manager that provides global and international equity investment strategies and fund products to institutional investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and registered/unregistered commingled investment funds. We are a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and a registered commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Our firm manages over $90 billion for over 175 client relationships in North America, Europe and Australasia. Our offices are located at 200 Clarendon Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
The Research Team
Our research group is a collaborative, intellectually rigorous team responsible for coming up with investment ideas, codifying those ideas into signals, back-testing the signals, and producing return and risk forecasts based on the signals to drive trading decisions. We are looking for a new associate to join our research team.
Your responsibilities are expected to grow in line with your experience and abilities. Depending on your competitive advantages, typical responsibilities may include:
- Merging, structuring, and analyzing large amounts of data from various sources
- Assessing quality of historical panel data, diagnosing deficiencies and prescribing fixes
- Working with developers to design feeds for new data sources from third-party vendors
- Participating in data architecture decision-making to support research analytics platform
- Performing ad-hoc exploratory statistics and analysis on research data sets
- Writing and maintaining code that supports the investment research process
- Researching predictable patterns in asset returns, risks, and trading costs
To be an ideal candidate, you will have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree from a top educational institution in a technical field, such as applied mathematics, economics, engineering or computer science
- Demonstrated professional or academic success (recent graduates are encouraged to apply)
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills
- Understanding of probability, statistics, linear regression, and time-series analysis
- 2+ years of experience with a statistical computing environment such as Stata, R, or SAS
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Interest in financial markets
- Great communication skills
In addition, we are looking for either:
- Expert programming skills
- 2+ years of experience with programming in Python
- Experience with database software such as MS SQL Server
- Good understanding of the academic field of empirical asset pricing
- Familiarity with financial data products such as Worldscope, Thomson Reuters Estimates, etc.
- Experience with stock market data sets
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter detailing your short and long-term career goals and copies of transcripts. No telephone calls please.