We are a Boston-based investment manager that provides global and international equity investment strategies and fund products to institutional investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and registered/unregistered commingled investment funds. We are a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and a registered commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Our firm manages over $90 billion for over 175 client relationships in North America, Europe and Australasia. Our offices are located at 200 Clarendon Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
This position has responsibility for the monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting production systems across the organization. Immediate focus will be on sustaining daily operations through proactive monitoring and expedient response to unresolved issues. Project work will be focused on continual improvement through automation and the installation of new systems and services. Ideal candidates will have a broad range of skills making them both flexible and adaptable as business needs evolve.
- Responsible for monitoring all production systems, jobs and processes.
- Respond to incidents, identify root cause and resolve issues in an expedient manner.
- Resolve escalated issues quickly working with vendors and tier 3 support as needed.
- In conjunction with infrastructure, security and business teams, ensure all production stems are in an optimal configuration from an operational, performance and security perspective.
- Implement medium scale infrastructure projects with minimal supervision.
- Provide cross training and document procedures as necessary.
- Must have 5+ years experience in an Operations Engineering role.
- Must have 3+ years experience with VMWare vSphere, View or other related technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in scripting technologies (PowerShell, Python, PowerCLI)
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and how to create and manage GPOs.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate. and present technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Must be detail oriented with good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience building and configuring workstations and servers (MDT, PDQ, Puppet)
- Experience with Enterprise VMWare technologies (vSphere, View, PowerCLI)
- Network troubleshooting experience (Firewalls, DHCP, VPN, NAT, FTP/SFTP, SMB, DNS)
- Operational exposure to EMC Storage technologies (VNX, XtremIO)
- Experience running and managing Enterprise Linux systems (RHEL, CentOS)
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please.