We are a Boston-based investment manager that provides global and international equity investment strategies and fund products to institutional investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and registered/unregistered commingled investment funds. We are a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and a registered commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Our firm manages over $90 billion for over 175 client relationships in North America, Europe and Australasia. Our offices are located at 200 Clarendon Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
The Legal and Regulatory Compliance Team
We are a small team of experienced lawyers and compliance professionals responsible for managing the complex legal and regulatory needs of the firm on a global basis. We are also responsible for the structuring, formation and administration of several commingled fund families, including registered and unregistered long-only and hedge funds.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, business-minded investment management lawyer to join our team to provide pro-active legal advice and compliance support to our institutional asset management business. The lawyer who fills this position will be a key contributor to the firm on a wide variety of legal and business matters and will provide direct, day-to-day support to the firm’s clients and key business groups such as trading/portfolio management, investment services, client operations/relationship management and business development. We believe strongly in professional growth, development and mentoring.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice to business groups and collaborate with stakeholders on firm-wide projects and initiatives
- Proactively monitor global regulatory developments and devise internal and external communication and implementation strategies
- Assist in managing and supporting all legal aspects of our global comingled fund business and trading relationships
- Contribute to the continued development of the firm’s global compliance program
- Provide general corporate counsel with respect to a variety of day-to-day matters, such as general corporate/governance matters, complex contract negotiations, employment and benefit matters, vendor agreements and engagement letters, confidentiality agreements, corporate action support, corporate diligence of potential vendors/business partners.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is a self-starter that works proactively and thinks both strategically and tactically
- Identifies opportunities to improve existing processes and procedures
- Is able to work in a dynamic environment and prioritize under tight deadlines
- Maintains a superior work ethic and strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Has excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and is able to work collaboratively
- 3+ years of legal and regulatory experience at an established investment manager, hedge fund, law firm or similar service provider
- An understanding of the laws, rules and regulations applicable to investment managers
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Comfortable being the primary contact on legal and compliance-related inquiries
Qualified candidates can apply by sending their resume to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.