We are a Boston-based investment manager that provides global and international equity investment strategies and fund products to institutional investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and registered/unregistered commingled investment funds. We are a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and a registered commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Our firm manages over $90 billion for over 175 client relationships in North America, Europe and Australasia. Our offices are located at 200 Clarendon Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
This is a ground floor opportunity for an experienced Hadoop Data Engineer to join the first wave of our rapidly growing Data Engineering team. The individual will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder, and data wrangler, who enjoys optimizing data systems, and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists, to deliver consistent and reliable data.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues, and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create or identify data tools for analytics and data science team members to assist them in building and optimizing data flows and models.
- Bachelor’s degree is a requirement; Accounting or Finance concentration preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of Python and Spark.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages. Java, C++, Scala experience is preferred.
- Experience in financial/investment industry preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please.