We are a Boston-based investment manager that provides global and international equity investment strategies and fund products to institutional investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and registered/unregistered commingled investment funds. We are a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and a registered commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Our firm manages over $95 billion for over 165 client relationships in North America, Europe and Australasia. Our offices are located at 200 Clarendon Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
The Fund Operations Team
The Fund Operations team within the Client Operations group is responsible for the management of the Arrowstreet sponsored funds. This includes overseeing and enhancing features and capabilities of the funds, facilitating the ongoing relationship and management of the service providers, and monitoring expense management. The team is also responsible for fund governance, including the successful completion of financial, tax, regulatory, and governance deliverables. These deliverables include financial statement production and associated audits, board reporting, regulatory, and tax filings. This team manages the oversight of our sponsored funds on a daily, weekly, quarterly and annual basis and is responsible for ensuring successful and timely completion of all associated deliverables and initiatives. This function is critical to our overall investment management and client service processes. The individuals on this team work directly with members of various teams including, client relationship management (CRM), legal, compliance, and finance to ensure successful implementation of their work. Members of the Fund Operations team oversee the relationship with the administrators, custodians, prime brokers, auditors and tax service providers and are responsible for developing and overseeing all procedures. This role and its responsibilities present an excellent opportunity to gain exposure and expertise in our overall business and client service process.
- Assist in the day-to-day responsibilities and projects of the team. Manage projects and deliverables and work to implement enhancements to increase throughput, achieve greater automation and greater economies of scale.
- Contribute to designing, maintaining, and owning operational workflows in an efficient and automated manner. Develop checks, procedures, and calendars of deliverables and collaborate with internal and external teams to enhance and automate processes.
- Contribute to projects and automation initiatives to enhance both the fund operations and fund governance processes. Assist in developing business requirements and collaborate with internal teams to institute new tools, systems and reporting capabilities. Identify and propose best practices for existing controls and checks.
- Collaborate with internal teams to successfully complete deliverables. Contribute to the enhancement of workflows and hand-offs across teams to collectively improve our procedures.
The ideal candidate will
- Have direct work experience in the asset management industry with robust knowledge of financial reporting or auditing
- Possess a strong operational and accounting background with demonstrated ability to implement procedures and institute checks to ensure quality of work
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, time management and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrate a history of continuous process improvement or implementation of initiatives that improve efficiency.
- Possess strong data management skills, including, proficiency with Microsoft Excel or SQL, with the demonstrated ability to work with data
- Have experience working service providers and familiarity with audit engagements and financial statement production
- Possess strong problem solving and critical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to productively collaborate across teams to complete deliverables
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, has the ability to work dynamically on multiple tasks/projects at one time while seeing each through to resolution
- Work productively, both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrate the ability to work on assignments and projects with minimal supervision while proactively providing updates, facilitating reviews of progress and delivering to deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree is a requirement; Accounting or Finance concentration is preferred
- Approximately 4-7 years of relevant experience in the financial services or asset management industry
- A CPA or CFA designation is a plus
- Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency with large volume of data, including data quality reviews is required; intermediate to advanced macro, VBA , and SQL query skills is a plus
- Strong interest in operational details and workflow design
- Analytical and structured thinking, with a keen interest in how things work
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with business as well as IT teams and be able to clearly articulate data problems and resolutions
- Willingness to investigate issues and follow through to resolution
- Self-motivated and able to work under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
We maintain a friendly, team-oriented environment and place a high value on professionalism, attitude and initiative. Qualified candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com. No telephone calls please. Arrowstreet Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit us at www.arrowstreetcapital.com.