We are a Boston-based investment manager that provides global and international equity investment strategies and fund products to institutional investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and registered/unregistered commingled investment funds.
The Investment Processes Group
This position is within the IT department and serves the Investment Processes Group (IPG). The IPG is responsible for software used in investment decision-making and trading. The IPG software systems generate the firm’s trading program: what to trade, when to trade it, and what trading algorithms to use. We are seeking a senior level software developer to maintain and enhance these systems.
The developer will be responsible for designing and implementing software solutions in three major areas.
The portfolio optimization system that is responsible for deciding what we trade.
Trade scheduling software which decides when we should trade and which algorithms to use to deliver the best possible investment return.
Reports which help investment teams understand the motivation for making those trades.
The ideal candidate is hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven and a problem solver. Because this role involves trading software, the ideal candidate should have previous exposure to financial systems. The developer must design and write software which meets business needs and also passes quality standards set by the team. We are a self-policing group, we code review each other to ensure that we develop high quality and maintainable software.
- Great communication, both written and verbal
- Ability/desire to interact and solve problems with end users, QA engineers, and/or business analysts
- Maturity, accountability, and ownership of projects/tasks
- 10 years of object-oriented programming, preferably in C#
- 5 years of relational database experience, preferably SQL Server
- Understanding of SOLID design principles
- Ability/desire to write unit tests; exposure to Moq isolation framework
- Exposure to IOC containers like Ninject
- Exposure to reporting technologies like SSRS/OLAP/MDX/PowerBI
- Exposure to service oriented design and development, including WCF or WebAPI
- Exposure to CI/CD using tools like VSTS
- Hands-on experience with full software lifecycle
- Ability/desire to review code of peers and make constructive feedback an integral part of the quality process
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com . No telephone calls please.