We are a Boston-based investment manager that provides global and international equity investment strategies and fund products to institutional investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and registered/unregistered commingled investment funds. We are a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and a registered commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Our firm manages over $95 billion for over 165 client relationships in North America, Europe and Australasia. Our offices are located at 200 Clarendon Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
The Investment Processes Team
The Investment Processes group is responsible for the automated processes used in investment decision-making and trading. Our systems are the backbone of our highly automated portfolio construction process. Our software generates our trading program. It assembles client data, holdings, benchmarks, and a security master, and feeds this information to portfolio construction algorithms. Our software provides tools for portfolio managers and other investment professionals to validate the data and implement the trading program.
The IPG is part of the investment team, and interacts directly with portfolio managers, traders, and client-facing investment professionals. We partner with the IT group to develop software solutions to business problems.
- Work with portfolio managers and other investment professionals to identify deficiencies in our investment process and design improvements.
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications that can be given to software developers.
- Work with users of varying degrees of technical sophistication. Develop documentation, interfaces, and reports appropriate to the user.
- Become a trusted partner to the IT group. Provide guidance to developers and QA engineers.
- Play an active role in the design of automated systems. Use your experience and judgement to deliver robust solutions that will scale with our growing company.
- Pro-actively identify inefficiencies in our investment process, and initiate projects to address them.
A strong candidate will have these qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, economics, computer science, or related concentration is required.
- 3+ years experience in the investment management industry.
- A mindset that emphasizes automated solutions to investment problems. One of our goals is to shrink manual workflows as much as possible.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential to be successful in this role. Communication with business users and IT professionals is a large part of this role.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills are required.
- Experience writing queries and analyzing data with SQL.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python, or with a statistical computing environment such as Stata, R, or SAS.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter detailing your short and long-term career goals and copies of transcripts. No telephone calls please. Arrowstreet Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.