We are a Boston-based investment manager that provides global and international equity investment strategies and fund products to institutional investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and registered/unregistered commingled investment funds. We are a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and a registered commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Our firm manages over $90 billion for over 175 client relationships in North America, Europe and Australasia. Our offices are located at 200 Clarendon Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
The Investment Processes Team
The Investment Processes group is responsible for the automated processes used in investment decision-making and trading. We are a quantitatively-skilled and collaborative group of investment professionals. Our systems are the backbone of our highly automated portfolio construction process. Our software tracks what we hold, what it is worth, and why we hold it. It generates our trading program. It provides performance attribution and other tools to understand how our portfolios manifest our investment ideas. We are looking for a new associate. In this role, you will apply your technical skills to improve the firm’s portfolio construction process. The IPG is part of the investment team, and an associate interacts directly with portfolio managers, traders, and client-facing investment professionals.
Your responsibilities will be matched to your experience and interests. We welcome applications from recent graduates, as well as more experienced candidates. The work of the IPG includes:
- Working with portfolio managers and other investment professionals to identify deficiencies in our investment process and design improvements
- Researching and implementing the best methods for performance attribution
- Writing and maintaining code that supports our portfolio construction process
- Designing and implementing algorithms to improve trade execution
- Assessing the quality of financial data, diagnosing systematic deficiencies, and prescribing fixes that can be automated
- Working with software developers to translate your business knowledge and mathematical skills into production-quality code
A strong candidate will have these qualifications:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree from a top educational institution in a technical field, such as applied mathematics, economics, or mathematical finance
- Knowledge of financial markets and asset pricing, gained through industry experience or academic study
- Interest in solving investment problems with computer automation
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python, or with a statistical computing environment such as Stata, R, or SAS
- Eagerness to communicate with users from widely varying technical backgrounds, such as traders, portfolio managers, and data analysts
While not required, we are also looking for candidates with these qualifications:
- Understanding of probability, statistics and linear regression
- Experience with programming languages, such as C# or other object-oriented language
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter detailing your short and long-term career goals and copies of transcripts. No telephone calls please. Arrowstreet Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.